Java fern troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a java fern mat approximately 5 months ago. It looked good at first now it has been nothing but trouble. Every new leaf that grew because dead or holey. 2 months later took the rhizome off of the mat to find the rhizome was falling apart tried to salvage as much as I could. I cut anything off that was dead and it is being held down withe a rock with rhizome exposed. The adult leave have many baby leaves growing but a lot of tjem have holes in them. Should I give up an trash it or is there something else that I can do to save it. It definitely is an eyesore.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Holes in leaves is typical of a nutrient deficiency.

Do you dose any fertilizers?

Caleb

Ohh sorry didn't mention it. I dose with excel daily and flourish weekly.

If I'm dosing with excel and flourish what else should I do?

If I'm dosing with excel and flourish what else should I do?

Edited: you said you only dose once a week, try a dose in the middle of the week and see if you see an improvement.

Caleb

Edited: you said you only dose once a week, try a dose in the middle of the week and see if you see an improvement.

Caleb

Ok, thanks again Coolguy. Sorry it took so long to respond. I thinking about dosing in the middle of the week but didn't know if that would be overkill for a java fern.

Back
Top Bottom