Last minute Co2 advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisher12

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been reading about pressurized co2 lately, I am about ready to try it. I have been putting it off because I don't want to spend the money. Half of my dwarf hairgrass has melted away, some seems to be growing still tho. Been planted several months now, high light, mgps capped with eco complete. Anyway I want something cheap and simple that I don't constantly refill. I was thinking a 5lb co2 tank I found on Amazon for $50. Also a co2 regulator also on Amazon, by terra bloom, for $43.99. Also, where can I fill the tank and how much will that cost? Just trying to make sure there are no unexpected expenses or anything I need to know before ordering them

If u value your fishes life I’d spend a little more on a regulator. Maybe a aquatek? The solenoids on the cheaper regs can stick and gas your fish. Local home brew stores or gas suppliers can generally fill the tank. Not sure on prices as I’m in Aus but I’d imagine for a tank that size it would be 15-$20

And grab a drop checker as well. Even with a ph probe to turn the CO2 off, I’ve still managed to gas some fish (the drop checker told the story).

I bought the GLA paintball regulator as my first regulator , it’s super easy to use. Cost around $2.38 to fill the 20oz tank once a month for my 20 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom