LED Lighting Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeepcj779

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I am starting a 50 gallon seaclear system II aquarium. I would like to have a freshwater planted tank with a couple medium sized fish and a couple schools of smaller compatible fish. My question is, is there a LED lighting upgrade available, and if so what is most suitable for the setup I have described?

Finnex, Current USA, and BML (BuildMyLED) come to mind. Depends on what your budget and goals are.
At 20" deep, the Finnex 24/7 will provide the lower end of medium light. You could forego the addition of CO2 at that level. It comes in a 36" model and is reasonably priced. Unlike the current Finnex models, it can be dimmed and has a built in around-the-clock light schedule (sunrise, sunset, midday).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the replies - I have been looking into the finnex and the current today. To answer the questions of budget and use, I will pay whatever is required to get what I want, I am just not certain what I need. I will say that I am leaning towards the current because I think it has more adjustability in lighting intensity. That way, I could theoretically use it for low intensity purposes, or turn it up for med-high uses if necessary. I was not tracking that the finnex model is user-dimmable, other than the 24-hour function, but the current is user dimmable in all modes. I think that makes the current the better system, even though you pay for it (about 50% more $). Thanks again, I appreciate the advice.

If your budget allows, check out the BML fixtures. You can do low or high light with those fixtures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom