Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

LED's For Low Tech Planted 54 Gallon Corner Bowlfront Aquarium

I need lightning for my aquarium that will be able to penetrate down to the surface and grow low light plants. The glass is 21" above my substrate. What lightning do you recommend I use that will have enough par to reach the substrate.

I was hoping to just buy one LED Light but if need 2 here are is some combos I was thinking: A 30" Led Light up front and a 20" LED Light toward the back or Two 12" LED Lights placed towards the edges to grow plants along the back.

I was considering Finnex LED Light but was so confused by which kind to get ALC/HLC/KLC. maybe a sting ray 2? or Ray2 almost bought this but was out of stock on amazon. Fluval 3.0 has a good warranty and looks promising. Also looked at beamswork LEDs that had good par but mixed reviews. My main concern is getting enough par down to the surface approximately 24" to support low light plants.

the lights will most likely be placed over glass / polycarbonate so that will reduce some of the strength. what do you use on your tall aquariums?

Tags
aquarium, bowl, corner, gallon, led, low tech, plant, planted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com