Light Fixture for 36G Bowfront Planted Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to get a drop checker and 4dkh solution.

You can make the solution yourself with bicarb soda. Just YouTube how to make 4dkh solution. You will need to buy the drop check tho.

You can also get a ruff idea by testing kh and ph and working it out on a co2 chart. (Google ph kh co2 reference)

Make sure you test the ph at the highest point of your co2 (just before co2 or lights turn off)

Thanks Bert.. added drop checker to the setup, will test ph tonight before turning off co2 and tomorrow morning before turning it on. Let see what reading says.

The stingray, that is for LOW light plants most of them are expect the hair grass. The hair grass need more light.

You need to get a drop checker and 4dkh solution.

You can make the solution yourself with bicarb soda. Just YouTube how to make 4dkh solution. You will need to buy the drop check tho.

You can also get a ruff idea by testing kh and ph and working it out on a co2 chart. (Google ph kh co2 reference)

Make sure you test the ph at the highest point of your co2 (just before co2 or lights turn off)

What will u suggest, pps- pro or el? Not sure if it's same.

What will u suggest, pps- pro or el? Not sure if it's same.

Either are good. I dose to EI but it's not set in stone. I dose lower micro nutrients and dose iron seperate (has worked better for my tank)

Fresh2o has great success with PPS pro.

Both are a great base for ferts but you will have to fine tune it to suit your tank :)

Either are good. I dose to EI but it's not set in stone. I dose lower micro nutrients and dose iron seperate (has worked better for my tank)

Fresh2o has great success with PPS pro.

Both are a great base for ferts but you will have to fine tune it to suit your tank :)

So with EI method, do you dose anything else that, actually am looking at this link, it's gonna come with 4 jars, do I need anything else than these 4?
http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizers-supplements/micro-macro-fertilizers.html

Reason to ask is pps-pro from this seller is $10 more. So if I need something more than EI stuff from this seller, then I will go for pps. Anyways as you mentioned, it's about how I finally fine tune.

Sry for the stupid questions btw, I just want to make sure to learn and do.

So with EI method, do you dose anything else that, actually am looking at this link, it's gonna come with 4 jars, do I need anything else than these 4?
http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizers-supplements/micro-macro-fertilizers.html

Reason to ask is pps-pro from this seller is $10 more. So if I need something more than EI stuff from this seller, then I will go for pps. Anyways as you mentioned, it's about how I finally fine tune.

Sry for the stupid questions btw, I just want to make sure to learn and do.

No question is a stupid question :) those ferts are perfect. You will need mgso4 aswell but that can be brought from any chemist (Epsom salts)

I think the PPS pro is more expensive because you get the dispensers aswell. I just dry dose my powders direct to the tank. You can make up solutions if you wish tho.

My advice would be go very lean with the micro's if you have soft water because the micro's included in that pack are very strong and may cause some issues. I would also buy a 500ml bottle of seachem iron to dose seperate :)

No question is a stupid question :) those ferts are perfect. You will need mgso4 aswell but that can be brought from any chemist (Epsom salts)

I think the PPS pro is more expensive because you get the dispensers aswell. I just dry dose my powders direct to the tank. You can make up solutions if you wish tho.

My advice would be go very lean with the micro's if you have soft water because the micro's included in that pack are very strong and may cause some issues. I would also buy a 500ml bottle of seachem iron to dose seperate :)

Cool. Thanks man.
I think I have iron, ordering EI. :)

So I have done some trimming on hair-grass. Increased CO2 to 4bps as I don't think I had enough after checking ph overnight.

Here are the latest picks. Not a great scape but want to just get plants at better level 1st. Also I have pushed CO2 output to filter intake. I will be checking ph again tonight and tomorrow.

Hey Guys,

I think I lost my way a bit. Somehow ph in my tank is really unstable.
Initially I thought its due to CO2/ferts etc.
Stopped CO2 also stopped dosing ferts.
Doing by-weekly 30% water change.
Changed filter sponges, also did vacuum the bottom of the tank.

Still its going low next day post water change.

What can it be changing my tank PH? Ammonia/nitrite/nitrate are in control.

Back
Top Bottom