Lighting for a 30" 29G tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking around for a 30" fixture for a 29G tank. Anyone have any good ideas where to get them? I'm not having as good of luck with Ebay as I do for 48" fixtures. It will be for a planted tank, and would like Med to high lighting (2.5-4w/g).

lemonheadmech said:
This is something I found, It may work for you or may not and you might have to buy new bulbs in the kelvin range required for freshwater plants. HTH

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13637&N=2004+113345

Its at the bottom of this webpage

I'm kind of leaning towards this one. And what I could do is 1 6700k bulb, and a 50/50 bulb, which will put me right about where I want. I just want to make sure I have enough to do dwarf hairgrass, as I'd like to try for a field of hairgrass, with a couple tall plants towards the back, a large rock, with a piece of driftwood. Also looking at a smooth flat rock for the bolivians spawning spot.

I got one of those, but the fan was loud so I returned it. It would have been too loud for my family room.

Got one of these instead, and I am pretty happy. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=12109&N=2004+113345

I think hellolights is cheaper, but they were out of stock when I needed it.

I am running 2 daylight bulbs.

Front on 3 hours, then both for 5, then just rear for 3 hours. Seems to be good right now, and I can add or remove light by adjusting the overlap in the future.

Hey LWB if you get that light send me some pics to see how it looks on your setup. Im still reading the diary of a 75 planted and it is just awsome.

I am stuck in the same dilemma as well, just picked up a bunch of plants and the screw in bulbs I have just aren't gonna cut it.

I decieded on a single one as to not overdue it, from Bigal's. In the future I'll just resell and buy a double if needed. That and I went with sand instead of Eco-Complete so I'm not going all out right now.

Darn thing is full right now after buying a plant pack of a local fish store. $29.99 got like 15 plants. It is a little messy though, since I just placed them in with no regard to the way it looks. I'll rearrange after every thing takes off.

Maybe I'll have to rethinkt the CO2 though...might need it.

I will be dosing either Flourish Excel, Comprehensive or Kent's plant pack.

Anyone ever use Kent Marine stuff?

Back
Top Bottom