Looking for Nice Glass Co2 Diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

I am spending so much on my tanks in time and money, and its all about visual appeal for me (most of us). I am looking for a good quality Glass Co2 Diffuser, can anyone give a good recommendation on one or two, plus a reputable location to purchase it?

I have 2 fluval minis that work very very well (look ok), and 1 glass one from ST International (Amazon) that looks very nice but puts out bubbles that are way to large. Reactors are not on the table because I am not running canister right now.

Suggestions?

:thanks: (y)

You can either go the cheap route and get a cheapo Chinese knock off from amazon (or eBay) or go expensive and get a real ADA diffuser (I do believe there are other high quality and $$ brands out there)
I cannot speak to the difference between the knock offs and name brands in functionality/quality.
For my five gallon tank I'm using the Rhinox 1000 diffuser off amazon. Seems to be of a little higher quality than the other knock offs...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The last glass diffuser I tried was a chinese knock off for about $6 that took a month to come in the mail. It exploded.

So I would suggest forking over a little more money for a decent one. I have had good luck with these diffusers however. Even though they aren't glass, they are easy to hide.

Atomic CO2 Diffuser 50mm | Green Leaf Aquariums

You can either go the cheap route and get a cheapo Chinese knock off from amazon (or eBay) or go expensive and get a real ADA diffuser (I do believe there are other high quality and $$ brands out there)
I cannot speak to the difference between the knock offs and name brands in functionality/quality.
For my five gallon tank I'm using the Rhinox 1000 diffuser off amazon. Seems to be of a little higher quality than the other knock offs...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looking like a delivery of that Rhinox 1000 would be July 17-Aug7 :( not looking to wait that long.

The last glass diffuser I tried was a chinese knock off for about $6 that took a month to come in the mail. It exploded.

So I would suggest forking over a little more money for a decent one. I have had good luck with these diffusers however. Even though they aren't glass, they are easy to hide.

Yeah that ST International is a cheapo Chinese one I purchased.

Money is not an issue, I dont mind spending if the product will work as intended. I did see those GLA Atom's that you're linking, but was a little worried I couldn't push enough pressure with the Paintball setup; And for some reason I really love the glass look.

(Not ruling out the GLA Atom)

Are there any sites you trust that would sell ADA Glass Diffuser, I am a very paranoid person about putting my CC# into an untrustworthy site. So if you guy's know any others that are not GLA or Amazon that sell HQ glass diffuser and you view as trust-able. I can look into them.

Oh man, I found the ADA one's. I know I said money is not a problem, but dang a buck thirty for a glass diffuser?! I think I would rather spend that on lighting or another Co2 System.. I was talking more along the lines of 50-75$ range. Sheesh, that piece of glass better never break or attract algae.

You could always just cut a cigarette filter, take the paper off and stick it in the end of the tube for a DIY diffuser. I think cotton balls work too. This is what I might try on my DIY Co2 system.

You could always just cut a cigarette filter, take the paper off and stick it in the end of the tube for a DIY diffuser. I think cotton balls work too. This is what I might try on my DIY Co2 system.

Hehe Thx Nils, but I will pass on that one. If you do go the DIY route, just buy the Fluval Co2 Diffuser ~$4 on amazon, worked fine with my Yeast and Sugar, and Baking Soda w/ Citric Acid Setups.

The atomic diffusers work very well. I've also bought the ceramic knock offs on eBay and they've worked well too.

Well I was reading the requirements for the atomic, 30psi my paintball is 60 so I think I can get away with it. I'm just a little sketchy on getting the knock offs because of the failed one I already have.

But yet I'm not paying $130 for an ADA one where that money could be better spent elsewhere in this hobby. Just to satisfy the look of my aquarium.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a glass bell style diffuser I would sell ya for cheap. I got it when I bought a gla reg. and went with an inline instead. I don't know what kind it is and haven't tested it but it's brand new. I could post a pic.

Thanks Mebbid, I ended up placing an order for the 70mm version! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom