Marineland Led output?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
My buddy just got an awesome rimless 20 gallon, hood, and light kit half off at petsmart because a power adapter was missing. He wants to have live plants but we aren't sure of the output of the light. It is an 18" long marineland LED light. Does it give off low, medium, or high light?

It's a double bright. With 6 pretty decent sized LED. I think it's a 6watt but I'm not sure what 6watts translates to in wattage for a fluorescent bulb. I've had CFLs in my planted tanks but don't know about LEDs too well.

I think you'll be okay with low light plants with that fixture. It's really not that powerful.

Kk. Any suggestions on plants? I know anubias will do ok, will any kind of ludwigia do well?

Well aside from the anubias... java fern, mosses, crypts, swords, dwarf sag, wisteria, and hydrocotyle sp. Would work. Not too sure about ludwigia sp. But you can PM Rivercats..she'd know.

Well aside from the anubias... java fern, mosses, crypts, swords, dwarf sag, wisteria, and hydrocotyle sp. Would work. Not too sure about ludwigia sp. But you can PM Rivercats..she'd know.

Do not get Ludwigia in low light. Almost all need at least med light co2 and ferts. All the examples Brian has given are great beginner and low light plants.

Java moss

My buddy just got an awesome rimless 20 gallon, hood, and light kit half off at petsmart because a power adapter was missing. He wants to have live plants but we aren't sure of the output of the light. It is an 18" long marineland LED light. Does it give off low, medium, or high light?

I've grown anubias and java fern in a pretty low-light tank and they do fine, but grow slowly (which isn't always a bad thing).

I recently got some java moss that is doing very well if you want a moss. Most of the photos of java moss that I've seen don't give it justice--it seems to look far nicer in person than in the photos of it I've seen. Good luck.

I've grown anubias and java fern in a pretty low-light tank and they do fine, but grow slowly (which isn't always a bad thing).

I recently got some java moss that is doing very well if you want a moss. Most of the photos of java moss that I've seen don't give it justice--it seems to look far nicer in person than in the photos of it I've seen. Good luck.

You want to grow anubias in low light or else they die from algae on their leaves.

Back
Top Bottom