Milwaukee SMS122 pH Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All,

Does anyone have this controller? Any bad experiences or advice to avoid issues before they arise?

2 things I have read - 1) it fails to shut off the solenoid when it goes below the preset. (True or False)

2) The power cord is loose and needs help to stay attached (True or False)

I have had this controller for 2 1/2 years now and have had no problems with it. It will need to be recalibrated on a monthly basis using a reference solution for best accuracy. IMHO, you will really like it :)

I have this controller too and have not experienced any of your concerns. It will need to be re-calibrated monthly (or no later than every 6 weeks). Leave the probe in the calibration solution for 5-10 minutes to get an accurate calibration.

Don't let the probe tip dry out - watch water levels during a water change. Would 5 minutes or so be enough to dry it out? I don't know, but it's too expensive to experiment with! I never allow mine to get above the water line.

I think you can take that as a resounding "YES" for the Milwaukee SMS 122 controller. If any Milwaukee reps are listening, yes, I will pimp your product on all the forums if I get a free one :p

If you want to blow twice as much money, Pinpoint makes a nicer meter that allows you to set a range with a digital screen to the .01 of pH. It is also black which IMO is a much better choice in color (instead of yellow and green).

The SMS122 works fine though. You could argue anything more would be overkill for what we are using it for.

Back
Top Bottom