More plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I have this 29 gal that is going pretty well and I feel like I need background plants but I really don't know what. I am going to put a background on the tank to be honest I will probably draw it but anyways it just feels empty to me back there. Any suggestions. I use florish weekly root tabs and use my DIY co2 system every now and then. My tank:
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/spl1999spencer1044/media/imagejpg1_zps7bcb28f6.jpg.html

Stick a black background on it. That will add depth and make the green of the plants really stand out :) imagine how boring my tank would look with no background. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416683552.947515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

Pretty boring I guess lol but you should stain the wood around to bottom and top

I Need to stop spending money on the plants and fish... It's on the job list honest lol

Cabomba grows super quick, Amazon swords hide a good amount because the leaves are huge. Any vallis plants make great background plants, all easy to grow aswell :)

I have one Amazon sword in there in the picture above but okay thanks ✌️

Agree on the Vals. Pretty much any stem plant will do. Unlike swords and crypts, they have a small foot print and can be planted along the back wall. Bacopa caroliniana grows pretty fast under most light conditions. Mixing up different colors, leaf shapes and textures gives an interesting look. That is what I was going for in this pic:
hHAnO2r.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Agree on the Vals. Pretty much any stem plant will do. Unlike swords and crypts, they have a small foot print and can be planted along the back wall. Bacopa caroliniana grows pretty fast under most light conditions. Mixing up different colors, leaf shapes and textures gives an interesting look. That is what I was going for in this pic:
hHAnO2r.png

Your tank fresh, is bloody beautiful. What is the name of the red plant on the left? Polysperma red? I love it! How long has it been up and running for? Water clarity is perfect! Good work sir! ?

Your tank fresh, is bloody beautiful. What is the name of the red plant on the left? Polysperma red? I love it! How long has it been up and running for? Water clarity is perfect! Good work sir! ?

Thanks! The plant is AR mini (Alternanthera reineckii). I've had it almost a year. The tank has been running for a few years but as a planted tank about 2 years. The entire evolution is here: FresH2O's 20g planted rescape
I run two AC50s: one with standard media and the other polyfil floss. Water is usually clear except when I'm moving things around.

Ill check out the thread when I'm on wifi later!

Looks 100% better. The ambient light from the prior background is not shining through. Plants look colorful and they stand out.
Thanks...been working on this for a while.

Thanks guys for all your help I think it looks great I will post more pictures when I get the background plants

Well done spence, looks great. ?

Back
Top Bottom