most gorgeous planted tank Ive ever seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomfleet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wanted to share these pictures I found on a Korean aquarist website
http://www.trofish.net/album/id_gallery.html?user_id=kyd6794&tab=3
This guy's tanks are amazing.

In the bigger tank (which is 1.3m x 0.5m x 0.6m) , this guy says (in Korean) that he's got 35 (35!!) varieties of plants. Other details of the larger tank: lighting is 4 40W bulbs, 10 hours of CO2 feed, gravel + PowerSand, small quantity of liquid fertilizer. And a mighty green thumb if you ask me.

OK I've seen lots of pics of planted tanks, most of them quite nice (and all of them incomparably better than my setup) but this guy's 2 tanks are stunning. I've seen professionally done Amano-style tanks too, they're striking in their own sort of way, but somehow they don't awe me like the lusher, wall-of-green, almost over-grown-looking ones do.

I'd be interested if anyone wants to share or point to other pics of the most impressive tanks they've seen.

Oh my lord thats stunning. I wish I had an eye for plants like that; my tanks would never look that good *sniffle*

Any idea what the big plant just to the left of middle is? The one that looks like it has evergreen leaves?

Darn it! I think you're absolutely correct rabbit, and its just stunning stuff. Thing is, my tanks are kept at a higher temp then most; around 82-84F. I read on the krib that Christmas moss doesn't do well at higher temps; it likes cooler temps or else it winds up kinda stringy like java moss. I'm bummed *sigh*

Very nice...I'm still building my new stand, so I might have time to re-work my plans...

...and if I find any sites/pics that I didn't find here, I'll definitely be posting them...

Those are beautiful tanks! It is so hard to get every little thing exactly right in terms of light and nutrients, without growing algae, and I know a lot of work goes into it - you gotta hand it to those folks! In the December issue of Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine there are pictures of contest winning planted tanks, and one of the winners was a guy's first planted tank!

One day I am going to be able to get everything just so, so that my fish AND plants are gloriously happy!

A lot of my friends and family say my 55 has "too many" plants in it, but I'm with you, Tomfleet, I like a densely planted, overgrown look!

Just took a look at Rohan's tank. WOW. The plants look so good you'd think they were plastic, and I also dig the grassy plain look in front. I wish Rohan could upload some bigger and higher-res pics of his tank though; I cant seem to find a real clear pic of his tank, unlike the Korean (who's obviously got a pretty good dig camera too). .... Funny thing about the Korean is, his description of his setup makes it sound just too easy--sure he's being coy!

Wonder if Freshwater & Marine Aquarium magazine has any pics online, gonna go look for em now.....

It's a wonder this guy ever sees his fish with so many plants in there!!!

Of course, I'm jealous!

Both of them are very nice. Seeing a picture of a well planted aquarium is what got me really wanting an aquarium of my own.

Oh and TankGirl, pay no mind to your friends and family that say you have too many plants. Your tank looks very serene. :)

Back
Top Bottom