My 36g bf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
its been a week or more to where I had a huge infestation of bba. after cleaning out that which took 3hrs I decided that that will never happen again, so i went out and bought plants fast growers (anacharis and pennywort), and some other low light plants (amazon sword).
I cut my lighting to just one bulb the 6500k one for 8hrs and dose 2.5 ml excel and 1ml comp.

my problem...after using these methods Ive become discouraged because my anacharis is starting to melt and my vals ain't doing great either but not like the anacharis, the vals are more turning brown and getting holes and tears.

whats should I do? is it my lighting, my ferts?...idk what to do. please help!!! thx

This is my tank just after the bba clean up...

Val's and Anacharis are sensitive to Excel. They tend to melt if not acclimated to it slowly. You can try diluting the Excel into some tank water first and then slowly pour it into the tank. Try not to pour it directly onto the Val or Anacharis. If your plants don't look like they will survive try Wisteria instead.

Back
Top Bottom