New 2.5g Betta walstad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Had a craptastic day today so I figured now is the perfect time to set up that 2.5g walstad tank I've been contemplating for the past forever. Since the vast majority of my misery happens while I am studying the perfect place for this is right next to my computer :)

Fresh Dirt
PC0KUBq.jpg

Not a big fan of gravel at all but I kind of like this stuff
8u6AOGF.jpg

How about some light and anacharis!
YEVpeuh.jpg

Oooo shiny :)
42M2kzx.jpg

Coming soon: About 20 Neocardina Heteropoda shrimp

Looks great ^-^ Good job ! I also have a Walstad tank ^^

Thanks! :)

It looks like the ammonia showed up faster than I expected from the substrate. It tested at .5ppm and there is already a large bacterial bloom :facepalm:

After a 50% change and some added water sprite, mexican oak leaf, and excel I am hoping I have it well under control from here.

Already cloudy :nono:

K8XT6rb.jpg

Thanks! :)

It looks like the ammonia showed up faster than I expected from the substrate. It tested at .5ppm and there is already a large bacterial bloom :facepalm:

After a 50% change and some added water sprite, mexican oak leaf, and excel I am hoping I have it well under control from here.

Already cloudy :nono:

K8XT6rb.jpg

Well , that's a lot less cloudy than mines went >.< Are you doing that really intense water change schedule thing ?

Just doing a 50% change every time my ammonia hits .5ppm. It's simple on a 2.5g tank. The yellow thing is a plastic pot scrubber that I pulled out of my filter on my 55g. Just something to speed up the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom