New 20g long planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea i know that feeling remember only 1 pwc daily if u do multiple daily that might stress them out

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Reyma10, I have a 20g long and really wanted to get 1 or 2 angelfish. I looked on a couple other forums and found out that the height of the tank is just too short. But some people have had angelfish in their 20g long just like you have. Are you planning to move them once they get bigger? I just was wondering because i would like to have angelfish in my 20g long for the entirety of their lives.

I would say yes ive never had any problems also i my self keep them while they are small and then switch them to a big tank not because of their size its becuase of how many i have but i dont see a prob of u keep a pair their whole life in a 20 long just by then self. Note they do tend to be a lil agresive so just 1 pair

Just my 2c

I would say yes ive never had any problems also i my self keep them while they are small and then switch them to a big tank not because of their size its becuase of how many i have but i dont see a prob of u keep a pair their whole life in a 20 long just by then self. Note they do tend to be a lil agresive so just 1 pair

Just my 2c

Just two angelfish in the 20g? I can't put anything else in there? And I originally wanted one but didn't know if they absolutely NEEDED another angelfish friend. I would like to have more (and different) fish than a single angel though. If I can't get anything but angels then I'll probably just stick with a tropical community and leave out the angels (because I want more than 1 or 2 fish). We used to have a couple in our 50g tank and one of them was a gorgeous calico color. I loved it! They are such beautiful fish. I've read about it everywhere and while some reviews say it's okay to have them long term in a 20g long, a lot of others said it wasn't best. They basically said that they get 10" in vertical length and their fins would rip in a 20g long. :blink: your thoughts?

Yes u can have more fish in your tank but i wouldnt recomend more than two angelfish in my 20 long i have 10 dime size angel fish 1 orange platy 2 ramirezi 1 cory 1 black tetra 1 black long fin tetra

Yes u can have more fish in your tank but i wouldnt recomend more than two angelfish in my 20 long i have 10 dime size angel fish 1 orange platy 2 ramirezi 1 cory 1 black tetra 1 black long fin tetra

So if i only get one and have it its entire life in my 20g long will it be stressed or no? And I can get other fish with it too? Sorry so many questions on your thread.
This would be so much easier if they didn't get so darn big. :lol:

No as long as you only have non agressive fish with him

A pair of angels are usually only kept in 20's for breeding. It would be like keeping a great dane in an apt. It would work, but not best for them. Not trying to be negative. Just been working with them for many yrs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thid weeks update a lil late but here was not able to do my pwc this week work has been slamming me but on monday ill do my pwc but check out this growth heres a pic before i do the triming on monday

Attachments

• 1431733959572.jpg
    1431733959572.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom