New Finnex Light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi so I've had my 29 gallon long tank for almost a year now, first ever tank, and am fairly happy with the hardscape but my aquarium kit light can't grow a thing. I was going to replace with this light
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B009IRJHZK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1410398690&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40
Do people have any opinions on this light? Is that a decent price?

I dose liquid ferts and I am going to set up some DIY co2 or if that fails just some excel.
Just looking for some help deciding if I want to splash some cash on this light. I was thinking of going med-light/med-dosing on this tank.

My tank now:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410399019.743759.jpg

29 Gallon Community

For your situation I'd look at the Finnex Fugeray planted+. On a 29 it'll put you in the (low end) range of medium light. The normal Fugeray would be pretty low light. I have the planted+ on my 29 and am pretty pleased with it.

Yeah, if you're going for medium light that's the one you want. Just remember you'll want a good regiment of ferts and Excel/glut to compliment the light, otherwise you'll definitely end up with algae.

I'm with azmodan the P+ is a great light.

Actually I think it would give you more like average, maybe upper medium light. Its supposed to give 68 PAR at 16" if my memory is right.

Hmmm are you sure? That sounds more like the Ray 2, but I could be wrong. In water at least I'd guess that there's no way my planted+ is giving me that sort of light at that height.

Hmmm are you sure? That sounds more like the Ray 2, but I could be wrong. In water at least I'd guess that there's no way my planted+ is giving me that sort of light at that height.

I don't know but I'm growing AR and rotala rotundifolia at that height with a P+.

I'm sure it was taken in air then.

Yeah I've grown AR mini in ~40 par without co2. It's a great red plant for medium light tanks. The ray2 gets around 50-60 par for a 29, the planted+ definitely less than that.

Back
Top Bottom