New Leaves Turning Brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outofstep

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys. I just bought an Amazon Sword Plant for my tank, but new leaves are turning brown. I have roughly 3 watts per gallon(its overdriven) and DIY CO2. I also use Tropica Master Grow. My substrate is aquarium gravel thats roughly the size of M&Ms.

Ok. I think its lack of iron from what I've researched but I'm not sure. Now is this due to bad substrate or is to Master Grow not providing not enough of a certain nutrient?

Should I consider changing substrates? I have mostly easy to care for plants. The Amazon Sword, being the most difficult.

Sounds like iron to me as well. You can add iron. Flourish has an iron supplement. The substrate should be fine. Try adding a fert tab under the sword they are real root feeders.

I have resin rocks in my tank (colourful gravel junk) and putting a root tab or 2 by the sword will make a huge difference, my uruguay sword was growing 1 leaf every 1.5 days to recover (just over 3 a week) and is now very strong..

I used seachems flourish tabs. 1 under it, then 1 month later I added 1 on each side of it. amazing difference.

I had to cut all but 5 leaves off when I got it. It's now huge.

Thanks for the help. I'll give the fert tabs a whirl.

Back
Top Bottom