New scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys it's been a while. So here is an update on my planted 55 just added new plants. So how does it look? Any tips or recommendation on plants. Lighting is reefsun and aqueon floramax so I'm running at about 80-90 watts so around 2 watts per gal my substrate is sandblasting sand. Have a sunsun canister and hob filter. Jugar 300 watt heater. And mixed community stock. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400204219.720589.jpg

I have my Sunsun spray bar piped across the top left side of the tank (rather than the back), pushing the water left to right, and the input tube all the way in the right corner. Just a personal preference thing, less visible. It might not fit with all the spray bar attachments, not sure how wide your tank is. The extra power head may not be necessary, either. How much substrate did you use? Again, personal preference, I like a deep bed. All that said, the aquascaping is pretty nice. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion I think that would look wonderful on the side. I can shorten it no problem. Thanks for replying

I use about 2-4 inches deep of sand and stir it where plants arnt planted. Also another question the plants came in little rubber pots, I just planted them and the roots hanging out in the sand is this ok?

It's ok, and makes it easier to pull and move them around. Not optimal, however. I carefully remove the pot, and all foam around the roots -- try my best not to damage the roots. Rinse off any dirt with regular water, then rinse in H2O2 to get all the "grimies" off. Scientific term for bacteria, algae, etc.

Back
Top Bottom