New to plants java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got some java moss so I spread it out among my tanks and weighed in done with a few glass stones or other things will this be ok ? I plan to use natural light when I'm not home and have my led lights on when I'm home how much light does it need

Remember, it's better to tie a java fern to a piece of driftwood, because if you burry the rhizome, the plant will die

I just got some java moss so I spread it out among my tanks and weighed in done with a few glass stones or other things will this be ok ? I plan to use natural light when I'm not home and have my led lights on when I'm home how much light does it need

It works if you tie it down with a thread to a rock or log. The thread will eventually dissolve and the moss will eventually attach itself to what ever you have it tied to. Every couple of months you'll be able to trim it and spread that around your tank too. Java moss doesn't need a lot of light but using natural light can eventually cause to much algee to grow and if you have fish they usually need 8-10 hours of light a day so using a hood light is always good.

K I think I have some string I can use I will do tht after work today

My 10 gal has no light can u jut put a lamp behing it and use one of those energy saving light bulbs

What kind if thread should I use? Sewing or can I use plastic

You can use either with sewing thread it will eventually dissolve with fishing line you'll have to cut it off eventually (if you'd like) or you can float it, if your current isn't to strong it should float fine. Every time I try to float mine though it just sinks lol the current from my filter and bubble house is to strong and just pushes it to the bottom where it gets stuck. Which isn't a big deal lots more cover for the fry I have swimming around there

My 1 gal bows have no light will moss be ok in them . i have some natural light from outside and my bedroom light

Back
Top Bottom