Plant photosynthesis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought an aqueon water changer and changed 40% of the water. This is the first time that I am seeing my plants releasing O2 in 2 month since I've had them. There were tons of bubbles that formed on the wall when I changed the water and I'm thinking that maybe some dissolved co2 is causin this sudden change in the plants.

Attachments

• image-3776185586.jpg
    image-3776185586.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
It's not uncommon for plants to pearl after large WC's due to the addition of added CO2 gas in the tap water being added. I have this happen every week for a few hours after my big WC on my 220g planted.

CO2 Bubbles

Hello Grand...

The small bubbles on the tank wall are likely formed from the pressure of the new water as it moved through your water pipes. "Pearling" is the oxygen bubbles that form on the plant leaves. This happens when the water is saturated with oxygen. The bubbles are the plants giving off their form of a waste product.

B

The plants are pearling themselves. Even though the gas is on the walls, I can still see small bubbles coming from the plants.

The plants are pearling themselves. Even though the gas is on the walls, I can still see small bubbles coming from the plants.

Yep my plants pearl in the 220g after weekly water changes anywhere from about 3-5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom