Planted 75G Make-Over... Many New Pics 8/5/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank looks great LWB!
I see you've got some elodea in there, do you like it? I used to have quite a bunch, but tossed it all out when I got bga for the 100th time. It helped allot :) they suck up nitrates as if it were nothing. Do you dose NO3?

Actually, I love all the new plants I got. As for dosing, I dose EI. My dosing is as follows...

3/4 tsp KNO3, 3x weekly
3/16 tsp KH2PO4, 3x weekly
1/4 tsp K2PO4, 3x weekly
1/4 tsp CSM+B, 3x weekly on alternate days

Pics of my bichir.....

75g581.jpg

Eating a shrimp pellet....
75g582.jpg

75g583.jpg

Other pics of the tank now....
75g584.jpg

75g585.jpg

75g586.jpg

75g587.jpg

75g588.jpg

75g589.jpg

75g590.jpg

75g591.jpg

75g592.jpg

75g593.jpg

75g594.jpg

75g595.jpg

I just haven't had the time to disconnect the tank and get it refilled. Work has been so busy, and with my work hours, Norco is closed when I get off work. I'll be upgrading to a 20lb or maybe a 25lb when I get the chance to get there. At least turning the lights down is keeping the BBA to a minimum.

Great that your busy at work, sucks that you havn't got time to get your tank filled. Tank still looks great. To bad I don't live close, I'd do it for you.
Just think of all the new stuff you can get with all that extra cash your making :D :D :D

Suprise, suprise, suprise. I was wondering why by Adult Bolivians were showing their faces. Well, here's why. I have EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

75g602.jpg

75g603.jpg

75g604.jpg

75g605.jpg

75g606.jpg

I'm going to let the parents try and raise them. I don't have anything set up or the time to do it myself. The parents are being good parents so far, and the only threat seems to be one of the BN plecos. But they are keeping it away. As long as other fish don't get within 6 inches of the eggs, they don't get pushed away.

Update....

Checked my 75G when I got home from work. The Lava Rock that the eggs were layed on is still very much salted, lol. Going on Day 3, and all eggs seem to be accounted for. Also, the only threat that I've noticed is the BN plecos that are trying to get to the eggs. But the Bolivians won't let them get within 6 inches of the eggs. And if they try to push in closer, both Bolivians become very fierce, lol.

Well, they lasted 3 1/2 days, and then disappeared. Wish some would have started hatching, as some would have fallen into the deep grass below, and out of sight. Maybe next time.....

Well, I have new pics of my tank. Enjoy.....

Well, now that I think you all like how my 29G looks, here's pics of my 75G.

Edit:
I gave up on trimming my hygro, lol. Just letting it do it's own thing, since that is what it does best, lol. It's own thing, lol.

Edit:
Hey, Jchillin, I know you have your eye on those Ozelots, lol....... ;)

75g607.jpg

75g608.jpg

75g609.jpg

75g610.jpg

75g611.jpg

75g612.jpg

75g613.jpg

I like how the Hygro has swooped down from the top, makes a very cool looking cave! Nice looking jungle. When you get around to it, you will have alot of trimming to do!

Wow - that hygro has a nice red coloration and white veins. It looks nice! A bit overgrown, but nice. My tank is too small to let mine get big. I keep 4 stems and that's it. It still looks like individual stems and not one big bunch like you have. I like the look you have. I love the top views where the red stands out! The pic of the top view of ambulia is very nice too. The red hygro among the ambulia makes a wonderful pic! What is the stem growing out of the tank? Some type of sword?

Back
Top Bottom