Please help. Best bulbs for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveb82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently asked in this forum about why my red plants are not staying very red. I use injected co2, 4wpg, ferts, ect. We came to conclusion my bulbs were not the best. I was recomended to buy two 54 watt 48" t5ho giesemann midday and two giesemann flora. I live in Canada and having a very hard time getting these bulbs. Are they the best and worth the effect and time to try and get? One company was out and said 6 weeks to get in then add shipping time.
Are there any other bulbs as good or better? I want them for my heavy planted tank to really help with the reds. I need a total of four 48" t5ho any good combos you have had good luck with?

Thx

Daveb82 said:
I recently asked in this forum about why my red plants are not staying very red. I use injected co2, 4wpg, ferts, ect. We came to conclusion my bulbs were not the best. I was recomended to buy two 54 watt 48" t5ho giesemann midday and two giesemann flora. I live in Canada and having a very hard time getting these bulbs. Are they the best and worth the effect and time to try and get? One company was out and said 6 weeks to get in then add shipping time.
Are there any other bulbs as good or better? I want them for my heavy planted tank to really help with the reds. I need a total of four 48" t5ho any good combos you have had good luck with?

Thx

Yes these lights are very very good if not the best but iron helps with the red in plants dose some iron and get good lights and you will be fine

Back
Top Bottom