Please help! Rookie CO2 disaster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I set up my pressurized co2 yesterday and was so proud of myself for doing it (I'm in the struggles to change a light bulb category!!) but apparently I messed up as I just turned it on again and low and behold - the tank is empty! Drat.

I know there was no leak at the counter/diffuser as I've have seen that when it was on yesterday so it must be at the regulator/tank connection. My husband says I probably just didn't put it on tight enough? I used a wrench and turned it a few times - how tight are you supposed to put it on?

Also, I used a washer that I got at the brewing store as there wasn't one in the aquatek box. It does appear to fit but was it the wrong type or something?

Any other ideas on what I did wrong?

Off to the store now to refill but would be great to get input before I set it up again!

Thanks

If you take a spray bottle of soapy water you can spray it around the connections and tank and check for leaks by seeing where it bubbles up.

I didn't even use a wrench when I tightened my regulator to my tank and I had no issues with leaks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you take a spray bottle of soapy water you can spray it around the connections and tank and check for leaks by seeing where it bubbles up.

I didn't even use a wrench when I tightened my regulator to my tank and I had no issues with leaks.

Thanks. I just refilled it and got my husband to help. I think we are good with the connection now.

Very unimpressed with the woefully poor instructions from aquatek!!

That's not normal. I'd dry it off and check it periodically to see if it accumulates moisture again and see if you can figure out where it is coming from.

Back
Top Bottom