Problems with Co2, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am having a problem with the co2 levels in my tank and I need some help quickly. The tank is a 55g, temp 77, pH 6.9, kh 8, gh 4, I have a gla complete co2 system with a pH controller. The issue is that according to my drop checker my tank isnt getting enough co2, I have replaced the indicator solution several times to be sure and left overnight and it is still blue. My plants which include hc Cuba are starting to fail, I am at a loss as how to proceed without causing my pH to fall. What am I doing wrong, please help

What are you running for lighting? How many bps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's odd, seems like everything is on the up and up.. could you possibly have a leak somewhere after the bubble counter? Does the diffuser look like it's producing the correct amount?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is your PH before your Co2 kicks on for the day? Also, what PH level is the Controller set to shut off the system at? Lastly, what sort of surface agitation do you have on the tank(filters, bubblers, etc..)?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No leaks, the bubbles are consistent I do use bubble counter fluid instead of water. The controller is set to maintain a pH of 6.9. I do have the outflow of one of my canister filters pointed towards surface and it causes mild surface agitation. I will am not sure of pH without system running but will check and repost. Thanks BTW everyone

diffuser is fine BTW, I keep it cleaned with diffuser cleaner. The drop checker is on opposite side of tank from diffuser in case this matters and is gla pearl

Yes, what ever I set the main system too will dictate how much co2 is released when the controller detects pH outside of the set range. Thanks again everyone for the help

Back
Top Bottom