problems with my co2 unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey Magic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i finally got around to setting up my co2 unit i have a red sea co2 pro unit. It came with regulators, bubble counter, needle valve, check valve, reactor and co2 drop checker.

Im having a problem with it working consistently every time I turn it on set it up then turn it off and then on again the next day i have to start from the beginning and recalibrate the needle valve. I have the working pressure set at 15 psi which is recommended in the manual i have tested for leaks and havent found any and as far as i can tell ive done everything according to the manual and cant see why their should be a problem. can anyone help me?? oh ive also taken apart the needle valve and cleaned it too.:facepalm:

What's it doing? Does it start pumping out CO2 real fast or does it start up slow? If it is starting up pushing it out fast then I don't know. If its starting out slow then you have to give it a minute or two to build up pressure in the line and push any water in the line out.

Back
Top Bottom