question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donk1667

Aquarium Advice Regular
how many bubbles pre sec. in a 150 tank 5to6 watts pre gal lots of plants little fish?

If you are using a single diffuser, I would start at +/- 10 per second and measure every 30 minutes and adjust accordingly. I would guess this may be on the low side, and you will need to move the water quite a bit to get the CO2 to circulate through the entire tank. Obviously, you will want to take measurements from various areas AND depths to gage appropriately.

If possible, you may want to try two diffusers, one on each side of the tank.

I have one diffuser on my 75, and I sometimes have issues getting the CO2 to all areas in my (heavily planted) tank, even with two powerheads. My plants all pearl like crazy though! Good Luck!

I would also recommend you go with two injection points. Both of them should be running around 3 BPS IMO.

The BPS required for you aquarium will depend on many variables. Two injection points will definately help more even disbursement. Make sure to start injecting CO2 on a day when you can monitor the aquairum and adjust as needed to get the correct flow. Start with a slower bubble rate than you expect to need, then slowly work up to the correct rate. This will help prevent injecting so much that you risk the lives of the inhabitants.

Back
Top Bottom