RadMax8's 29 gal Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Long time, no update. I took everyone's advice and laid off on the ferts. It's made a pretty big difference so far. I'm not going to say my tank is super vibrant and healthy, but it's getting there. I've got some real tough BBA growing on my driftwood and hair algae is all over, but I haven't been trying too hard to eradicate it. I'm moving in less than a month so I haven't really had enough time to devote to the tank.

In other news, when I was doing my weekly cleaning, I saw something tiny wiggling around the bottom of my tank. I looked closely and saw it was a baby cory! My two cories spawned a few weeks back, and it turns out one survived. I couldn't believe it. Hope I can catch it before the move...

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Lil cories are awsome.... hope the move goes well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Moving sucks haha hooray baby cory!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, guys! Same to you... Any fish-related gifts under the tree this year?

Sorry I've been MIA with my tank. It looks like garbage. I've got some serious work to do!

"The Manuel of Fish Health" is now my first disease/care book and a $50 lfs gift card. Still have the chance of getting an overflow box Sunday too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, haven't had much to report with this tank since I moved and neglected it. Things were starting to turn around, and today I come home and I've gassed my fish. Removed and replaced some water, now running with low water level and powerhead to get some O2 back into the system.

I think it's because I took out my sponge pre filter. Maybe the CO2 was being sucked into the filter and diffusing better.... Ugh so upset with myself right now.

So, against all odds, I think everyone has survived. My rasbora were upside down, buried in the plants dead. A little oxygen in the water and they've all perked up. It's incredible. I wonder what kind of long term damage I've done to my wet pets.

Tomorrow is going to be a light and CO2-free day.

So, against all odds, I think everyone has survived. My rasbora were upside down, buried in the plants dead. A little oxygen in the water and they've all perked up. It's incredible. I wonder what kind of long term damage I've done to my wet pets.

Tomorrow is going to be a light and CO2-free day.

Sounds like a good plan. You can never be too careful when it comes to the health of the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The irony about this situation is that the night before, I had commented on a thread asking if CO2 injection can kill fish.

I've also got a GLA regulator coming. Pretty excited about that bad boy.

When I have my spray bar going, I can co2 all day and night. If I have the single outlet bar going (similar to lily pipe), I have to run an air stone just to make sure there's enough oxygen. I'm sorry you didn't get the info you needed in time :(

The irony about this situation is that the night before, I had commented on a thread asking if CO2 injection can kill fish.

I've also got a GLA regulator coming. Pretty excited about that bad boy.

Make sure to open the cylinder for a few seconds before installing the regulator to clear out any debris. I forgot to do that once and it made my solenoid buzz off and on for a few months. A clean solenoid is a happy one ?.

Make sure to open the cylinder for a few seconds before installing the regulator to clear out any debris. I forgot to do that once and it made my solenoid buzz off and on for a few months. A clean solenoid is a happy one

Good tip. I'm in the welding industry, so I've known that one well before I jumped into the CO2 game.

Back
Top Bottom