Re-aquascaped my 55 gallon - getting close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atl300zx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I re-aquascaped my tank over the weekend. I got some plants from a few members on here. I had issues with algae, esp beard algae (still do a little) and members here gave me some tips. Here is the new look, pardon the algae on the glass, i didnt brush it before the pics (1 weeks worth of growth - still too much IMHo), i was too lazy after rearranging all the plants. I did brush it the next day.

Does anything eat beard algae? I cant get Otos b/c my larger fish will just eat them. SHould i just cut off the affected leaves? all my plants will be fine with this minus the cypto wendtii bronze, it hink too many of the leaves are covered and i dont know if it will survive a scalping.

Picture041.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Are those Silver Dollars in the tank?

Yes, i have a pair. They will be getting a new home soon, as they are outgrowing this tank.

Anyone have any tips on how to improve my aquascape? Improve on the algae condition described in the first post?

ALso the middle piece of wood i have is a piece of sandblasted olive branch, when i took it out to move it to a new position in the tank it was kinda stinky. Is this common for wood in a tank to smell like this? Or could this be rotting and harming my water quality?

Sounds like the wood wasn't properly prepared and is rotting. I'd go ahead and remove it. You may find that this drastically helps the algae conditions that you are currently experiencing without making any other changes.

Nice tank! I love the sparse ground cover, and driftwood (although I guess you will be taking one out?).

Also, nice big balas!! :D

Nice tank! I love the sparse ground cover, and driftwood (although I guess you will be taking one out?).

Thanks. i actually hope the ground cover takes over a little more. it is moving across the tank well but not moving deeper into it.

I am gonna take out the driftwood in the center, but i will have another piece to go in its place immeadiately, my fish need place to hide :)

Back
Top Bottom