Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rotala Indica not growing properly

The rotala indica in my tank isn't growing as I'd like. I have a a finnex planted plus and pressurized co2 running on my fluval spec V. The co2 comes on an hour before the lights and goes off an hour before the light do. Lights run for 8 hours. I also dose flourish and iron weekly. Instead of growing up, the rotala is getting thicker. It has maintained a relatively same height in about a month, but has grown new shoots from the substrate. The new growth is healthy and has a pink hue. The plant is pearling and seems happy. I just wish it would grow upwards instead of getting super thick.

Is there anything to change to encourage upward growth?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Wish I could do that Your plant sounds pretty happy to me with shoots at substrate. Might be that once it finishes spreading out it should grow up.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Wish I could do that Your plant sounds pretty happy to me with shoots at substrate. Might be that once it finishes spreading out it should grow up.

Well I guess that's good to hear! I was just hoping I'd have more upward instead of outward growth in this amount of time.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:33 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Rotala Indica not growing properly

Fingers crossed anyways but it sounds really good nice tank. It must chase the light at some point as the leaves thicken up I assume.

Tags
rot, rotala, rotala indica

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com