Rotala vs. water sprtie and filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stinnettjosh

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've got a 7.5 gallon bowfront running with a finnex fugeray, heavy excel dosing, and seachem flourish. Could i grow rotala and would it even look good where the wisteria is?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413853625.984761.jpg
Also, any recommendations for a filter? None of the ones i get want to work very long...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Which species of Rotala are you referring to?
If you are looking for a stem plant to fill that area vertically, you could try Bacopa spp (e.g. - caroliniana). Easy to grow, lime green leaves. It did well under a FugeRay in my 20g long. So well that I banished it for a while (because it was taking over) but brought it back.
DIY CO2 would do wonders in a tank that size. Made a big difference in my tank at the time.
Perhaps an AquaClear 20 filter in there to get some real estate back in that tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im thinking either indica or rotundafolia. I'm looking at a pressurized ystem from co2 art. I've also looked at an ac20 but not sure where to get it from...

Water sprite won't look nearly as nice as many other things, so I'd skip it. I find it hard to keep looking nice no matter what I do with it when it's planted. If I grow it floating it does great, looking like an entirely different plant.

Im thinking either indica or rotundafolia. I'm looking at a pressurized ystem from co2 art. I've also looked at an ac20 but not sure where to get it from...

I don't have experience with those species of Rotala, only wallichii and it has been challenging.
I have an AquaTek Premium Regulator connected to a 24 oz paintball tank. Super economical for refills. I like it.
AC20s are usually carried in most LFSs and the big box stores as well as online (less $$&).

Ok. Ill look into the co2. I got a aqueon 10 for the tank cause its what i could get quick and the temporary aquatech was basically dead...

Back
Top Bottom