Shrimp and snails help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have red cherry shrimp colony and my plants carried pond snails and now am over run and they are competing with my shrimp for food so I was wondering if I add assassin snails would they be a threat to my shrimp?

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have red cherry shrimp colony and my plants carried pond snails and now am over run and they are competing with my shrimp for food so I was wondering if I add assassin snails would they be a threat to my shrimp?

No they won't eat your shrimp. Another trick is, put a piece of lettuce in the tank and the snails will attack it and remove it in the morning

OK what kind of lettuce iceburg or romaine?

You can also put your fish net down at the bottom and fill it with a sinking food pellet. Turn all lights off. Come back a few hours later and remove the net. It will be full of snails

I will do both since I have at least 150 snails

Yes of course he was joking but maybe the snails would like it more with some dressing!

I figured, you never know who might read that and try to put ranch on it instead! after all ranch is better then rasberry vinegerette:ROFLMAO:

Haha dont worry I wasn't gonna put dressing

Back
Top Bottom