test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caimen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
NH3 - 0
no3 5-10
ca 80ppm
no2 .1-.3
fe unknown
po4 0
ph 8.0

I broke down the tank about 3 weeks ago. changed the substrate and added about 15-20 feeders.

110 watt pc
55 gal.
eco complette/ moon sand
No CO2
some small melon swords , crype, java moss, java fern, foxtail, very small swords.

rosey reds (15) 1 rubber pleco, 1 neon rainbow, 5 shrimp (algea eating) 2 cherry shrimp.

Im starting to see some blu green algae.

advice is welcome!

I really don't know what advice you are looking for, but I will comment on what is written.

First off, I would not put feeders in my tank. They carry many different diseases. It's just not worth it.

You have shrimp and NO2's. Not a very good combo. Shrimp are more sensitive to NO2's then fish. (found that out the hard way)

BGA is normally caused by low NO3's and/or poor circulation.

i dont know what advice im looking for neither.

The feeders where treated in the QT before i added them to the tank. I used them to boost the No3 and the No2, i had planned on removing them as i stcok the tank. It seems that using ferts. is the best way to go. I think im need advice on making this tank work for me.

i run a AC 70 and a AC 50 powerhead in the tank should i increase the curcituation?

how should i boost the NO3!

once your cycle is over and you stock the tank, you may not have to increase the NO3's.

You are right on the edge of needing or not needing to have CO2, so I would recommend you add some more plants if you do not plan on running CO2. This will help keep the algae at bay.

A micro and K fert would do you good. Again NO3's all depend on your fish load.

Since you don't plan on running CO2, I would see about getting some Seachem brand fertilizers. If you do plan on adding a carbon source someday, then purchasing dry fertilizers from www.gregwatson.com would be best.

caimen said:
i run a AC 70 and a AC 50 powerhead in the tank should i increase the curcituation?

An AC 70 PH? that's a lot of flow. I don't think you have a problem with circulation is that's what you are running. Just the AC 50 PH is enough flow for your tank.

it is a AC 70 HOB and a 50 PH. Should i add bunch plants or rooted?

thanks alot man> !

caimen said:
it is a AC 70 HOB and a 50 PH.

That sounds better. LOL I run an AC 70 PH on my 75 gallon tank and it is too much flow. That combo sounds good to me.

caimen said:
Should i add bunch plants or rooted? !

I would add whatever pleases you. With that much light, I would shoot for atleast 50% of the tank being planted. Some fast growing stem plants will help with the algae, but not to many. Just keep in mind, that the more plants you have, the most fertilizers you are going to need. That may sound counter productive, but this is the best way to keep your tank nice and heathly.

caimen said:
thanks alot man> !

No problem, glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom