here is roughly what my tank looks like now. the star grass is dead (balas ate it) and i removed 95% of the moss from the arched driftwood as it was getting out of control. it now has a java fern on top and a lace java fern on the side.
Here is my proposed new design. Please provide comments as i am new to aquascaping. I like the Natural (Amano) look more over the Dutch look.
i forgot to label the small items on the right of the layout. They are dwarf sag.
Also here are some close ups of my hardscape items.
Driftwood Arch (moss removed, lace fern moved to side)
It is getting too cold around here to ship plants, so i am gonna hope my LFS
has some HC, Ludwigia Repens, and a Crypt Wendtii Bronze.
260 watts (130 watts (6700k) for 12 hrs, 130 watts (10000k) for 10 hrs)
Greg Watson Dry Ferts
1/2 tsp Nitrates 3x week
1/8 tsp CSM+B 3x week
1/8 tsp Sulfates 3x week
1/8 tsp Phosphates 3x week
50% water change (supposed to be weekly, end up being 10 days, where i dont dose for last 3 days b/c i am afraid of overdosing)
pH ~ 6.1 after water changes and drops to 5.1 by end of 10 days.
i add 1 tsp of baking soda during the water changes
Never get pearling, very little false pearling after water change