Vals :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Number1cookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I set up my hex tank a while ago. It is a 25 gallon. I have 6 tiger barbs in it and moved my java ferns over here. It has a t8 plant light on it. I just got the 15+ Val's from Justin on here today (who hooo!) and just finished getting them all planted. I still am planning on painting the back three panes black cause they are driving me crazy looking at cords but thought I would share a pic of them. Hoping the Val's grow and propagate like crazy so I can spread them around my other 4 million tanks later haha!!!

Looking at some of them I think I may have put them in the sand too far, I need to make sure the white base is sticking out a little right?

image-2432864412.jpg

I have my val's bases under the sand, and they do quite well under my t8s, i don't dose extra ferts for them either. Good luck! and looks good!

I hear if u keep the plant up more to where the base of the roots are in the sand and not the plant it will shoot out runners more

I'm glad they found a good home! My discus were about to stage a revolt overthrow the Jungle Val government.

When they are happy plants, some of there leaves will turn from green to reddish. When they are in this mode, they reproduce like mad plants. Growth will be right around 12" in a week; and I'm not sure when they stop growing. I cut them before they reach the surface, otherwise they absorb all light in the tank.

They will do fine with no co2; but these plants have always had high light. So I don't know what their minimum par is.

Back
Top Bottom