Update: This tank is doing much, much better! I corrected several things, other than the photoperiod, upped the CO2
thanks to a drop checker telling me the real story. I dont test so much anymore, just got to a point where I know what I've got to dose.
Every week I change 50% of the water (in a 150G, that's a lot of water, LOL), I use that time to trim, replant,
clean some of the old brown algae that remain, and no, it does not seem to come back
(other than on the very slow growing plants, my mistake, have to put them in the shade), and once a week I need to wipe the glass with the magnet, that is all!
For me that is quite a victory, finally the tank start to look good, without all the **** algea!
I found one important thing by trying things out, my filtration was totally inadequate.
I have 2 Eheim 2128 filters, and I always had cloudy water, ALWAYS!
Now I just added 2 Aquaclear 70 powerheads with quickfilters, for circulation and polishing, man, what a difference!
So here is the tank as it looks right now: http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tank230307.jpg
So for now, I am still learning how to grow plants instead of algea, eventually I will try to work on the aquascaping part...