Water Onion, Jungle Val, Sags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GEOlson

Aquarium Advice Regular
This week I added some new plants to my 75 gallon tank. I added a a large Water Onion (Crinum thaianum, I think), a bunch of Jungle Val (maybe Vallisneria gigantea), and some sagattarias (broadleaf, I think it's Sagittaria platyphylla, not the arrowhead type. Also Dwarf Sag, probably Sagittaria subulata). I've been growing anacharis and hornwort and they've been doing very well. I had to pitch a bagful of hornwort because it was getting too messy and blocking out too much light. I was wondering how often to fertilize and if I should provide more light. I would like to stay away from CO2 injections, it's cost is too high and it seems like more maintenance to the tank. I have a dual T5 NO that's 48" and I have a 24" T12 that I have to give just a little extra light. For fertilizers I've got Tetra Flora-stuff and API tabs, that I believe are 3-1-1. I didn't know if I wanted to fertilize once a month or more often than that. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.
splatyphylla.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom