What's eating my plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkmom

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 100 gal planted I have

Rams
Danios
Cherry barbs
Red tail Bonita loach
Rainbow fish
Scissor tails
Brown loach
Bueno aires tetra
Red serverum
Bala shark
Emerald cat
Leaf fish

Ghost fish

I know it's a odd mix but everyone gets along . Please don't judge me on my mix of fish i am just looking for help. Who is eating my plants . Got rid of my gourami's took out all but one bueno Aries tetra. I am not sure if one fish can eat that much in one night and day. Who can it be? I put lettuces in and didn't see any snails . I can check again

Thank you for your help

My bet would be the red severum, cichlids in general aren't good choices for planted tanks. Some of the Apisto's are suitable, but any mid-size or larger species tend to eat plants.

I just got the reds about two weeks. Ago . It was going on before that so I am taking the silver dollars and Tetras out to see if it stops thank you

You didn't put silver dollars on the stock list, they're worse than cichlids for eating plants. Bala sharks are open-water schooling fish that grow too large to be kept properly in 99%+ of home aquariums. Not sure about their diet, but really should go in any case. The leaf fish is an ambush predator, and most likely going to start eating the cherry barbs, quite possibly the danio's, and then the scissortails when it grows large enough.

Back
Top Bottom