Which Bulb Type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4phil

Aquarium Advice Freak
On my 36G with pressurized CO2 and EI dosing, I have a dual-bulb T5HO AquaticLife fixture. It came with a 6,000K white bulb and 650nm Rosette bulb. Since setting up my plants 4 weeks ago, I have seen very little growth. Could it be the Rosette bulb, or the 6000K white bulb? Should I switch out my Rosette for a 6500K bulb? Would this promote growth, or increase the PAR or visible light?

In other words:
Option A:
(1) 6,000 T5HO
(1) 650nm Glow Light

or

Option B:
(1) 6,000 T5HO
(1) 6,500 T5HO

Last edited:
What plants are in question? 36g is pretty tall, 21" I believe. Swapping the rosette with a midday (6500k) would add more PAR because red does have a harder time penetrating depth. I've heard Geisemann bulbs are the best and the ones to get if you want a replacement.

What up fish4phill
Your plants will grow a different rates. A lot of people say pink glow & 6500k. My 18000k is pink. With pressurized CO2 you will probably need more light. By watts 3-5W a gallon 4 24w t5 will be 2.666W a gallon.... That's probably close enough. Low techs run good with less lights but limits your plant selection

If the length of the bulb is right my 30 inch fixture only has 22 inch bulbs in it so I check first lol

Just got home for the store, I picked up a Coralife 6,700K and a Coralife 10,000K for use in my AquaticLife T5HO dual bulb fixture.

Back
Top Bottom