Who said that I dont like Amazon Swords (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmoney87

Aquarium Advice Freak
so yeah Theres about 20 + amazon swords in my tank which is 75g... the three massive ones in the back sprouted all the rest. At one point they were all connected to the various twisty vine type stems which intertwined and what not with my floating pennywort..actually looked really cool and my gormais were in heaven because of it.. and no I don't plan on growing them out fully haha because well my fish need some room to swim. I'm just keeping them until next Wednesday when I trade them In my my LFS.. and a couple to someone else.. I just thought Id take a couple pics for the fun of it.. keep in mind I had to return my good camera, so I'm using my other less um low tech camera.. eg crappy

-davE

Heres a picture of Back In August of 2008 when the aquarium was just set up.
18026-albums203-picture1276.jpg

18026-albums358-picture2871.jpg

18026-albums358-picture2870.jpg

18026-albums358-picture2869.jpg

That looks amazing! I agree with you that if they would stay small it would be better....I have a "compacta" sword that is the size of a basketball and takes up 1/3 of my 36 corner, but it does look great.

thanks newf .. yeah I like the compacto swords aswell.. But latley Ive been really wanting to do a total rescape on my tank.. I always liked the bushy forest looking tanks.

davE

dswordman87 be a good nic for you.Looking forward to seeing pics of your new scape.I have a feeling you be switching to a saltwater tank soon.

dswordman87 be a good nic for you.Looking forward to seeing pics of your new scape.I have a feeling you be switching to a saltwater tank soon.

Haha yeah I guess it would. In all realness It might not happan for awhile either rescaping or Sw.. Kind of need a job at the moment.. :(
stupid economy.. thank the lord that I dont have a family to support like so many others affected by this.. because I dont know what I would do. Its funny how you bring up the saltwater thing.. your right I want to do one sooo bad.. but that definatley wont happan until I move out into my apartment or w.e I end up getting.. and when that time comes my plan is to go big or go home. Im thinking about 150-180g sw tank.. but before that happans there is much to be done in the way of reading reading and reading some more. I still really enjoy my fw planted tank and have lots of different ideas for it still... latley ive been thinking of starting up a high tech 14g planted nano cube for RCS .. well see if that idea ever takes flight though.. and of course I still want a discus tank too.. bahh I want my job back *sob* loL

davE

My Amazon Sword gets too big, and produce lots of baby shoots too. I need buy dwarf sword if available.

My sword sends the shoots to the top of the tank and I've just been cutting them off, are you putting them into the substrate or is it doing that by itself?

Back
Top Bottom