Will my plants survive if I remove the CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lampro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my vivarium cube tank. I think the tank is already densely planted and I don’t really want the plant to overgrow the tank and let it look messy. So I am planning to remove the CO2 injection to slow down the growth and I wanna to use the co2 set up for my farm tank instead. Do you think the red plants and the rest of the plants will survive once I remove the CO2 injection? Should I dim the light if I remove the co2? Here’s a before and after picture (3 months apart~)
I am still looking for a fish for this tank ?
Plant List and Equipment Set Ups:
* lucky bamboo
* dwarf sag
* Needle fern
* Tradescantia zebrina
* Buce giant island
* Rotala mexicana goias
* Green pothos
* Lobelia Cardinalis Dwarf
* Limnophila aromatica mini
* Limnophila rugosa
* Ludwigia Arcuata
* rotala rotundifolia

Equipment set Up:
* JC&P Clip on light and full spectrum light with built in timer and full color/brightness control 
https://rb.gy/j0fk5f
* CO2 at 1 bubble per second
* You can use any hang on filter with just sponge

Attachments

• IMG_7855 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_7855 copy 2.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_6837.jpg
    IMG_6837.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 161
Yes, very likely need to dim the lights (I run CO2 but reduce lights to slow growth). Plants will likely take a bit to adjust (fingers crossed). Off cuts from ferns I put into low light tanks all the time but other ones don’t like the change / low light.

Yes, very likely need to dim the lights (I run CO2 but reduce lights to slow growth). Plants will likely take a bit to adjust (fingers crossed). Off cuts from ferns I put into low light tanks all the time but other ones don’t like the change / low light.

thanks I already moved the co2 tank into my farm tank and the Ludwigia repents has been growing like a weed LOL

I almost forgot to adjust the light brightness in my 7 gallon thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.55.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.55.14 PM.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 52
Sounds great [emoji106]

so here's the red plants picture (50 shots after LOL) after I remove the CO2 and I reduce the white light brightness down to 60% but the blue and red LED are at 100% brightness to have a nice purple reflections. But this picture was taken the 4th day without CO2 so finger cross that all plants will thrive in this tank. BTW that's my new betta, I was so happy when I got him but he hasn't eat anything for 3 days now. His gill is black and look a bit swollen, I am not sure if he has gill infection from the LFS

Attachments

• IMG_8312 copy 2.jpg
    IMG_8312 copy 2.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 41
so here's the red plants picture (50 shots after LOL) after I remove the CO2 and I reduce the white light brightness down to 60% but the blue and red LED are at 100% brightness to have a nice purple reflections. But this picture was taken the 4th day without CO2 so finger cross that all plants will thrive in this tank. BTW that's my new betta, I was so happy when I got him but he hasn't eat anything for 3 days now. His gill is black and look a bit swollen, I am not sure if he has gill infection from the LFS

I hope I’m wrong for you but in my experience, the plants will exhaust all the co2 they have in storage then begin to die out until you are left with the plants that prefer your water type and can survive on the nutrients available including co2.

Back
Top Bottom