Will this work? Fertilizer bundle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Pretty sure shipping would get you on that one.

Something like this would be way more than what you get in a bottle, and pretty much the same thing - Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers, , , Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Macro Micro Nutrient Mix, Macro Micro Nutrient Mix,=

As several of us have mentioned in chat, in order to truly control the amount of each nutrient in the system, you need separate ferts though... so if you want to go that route, buying each individually would be your best bet.

Looks kind of like a PMDD solution. It should work out fine. Nothing at all wrong with using pre made fertilizers and it seems fine judging from the chemical break down. You could always make it yourself, though. Likely for cheaper. If you want to try it I say give it a shot.

Pretty sure shipping would get you on that one.

Something like this would be way more than what you get in a bottle, and pretty much the same thing - Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Dry Fertilizers, Dry Fertilizers, , , Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Macro Micro Nutrient Mix, Macro Micro Nutrient Mix,=

As several of us have mentioned in chat, in order to truly control the amount of each nutrient in the system, you need separate ferts though... so if you want to go that route, buying each individually would be your best bet.
So the fert mix in that link - is there anything else I would need to buy separately (fertilizer wise)? And the dosings, there is no listing for how much to dose for a 2.5 gallon tank. Any ideas?

I'm going to look into buying the things separately.

If I wanted to get the basics, could I just get the macronutrients, because my micronutrients would come from Flourish? Or would I have to get Plantex CSM + B as well?

Green Leaf Aquariums has all the nutrients separate and separate packages for macros or micros. I ordered the full package that has everything except epsom salt (can get that anywhere).

Yes, I use it with the PPS-Pro system (less water changes and great plant growth). One nice thing about ordering from GLA is that they encourage people who aren't familiar with using dry ferts to call them up and talk about their systems and get advice on how to use their products in your system. It's not necessary (I didn't) but if your unsure about what's best to order or what you'll need to be successful with your specific system it's a great service option to have.

Back
Top Bottom