Would flood lights be sufficient for a 20 gal planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryanm70

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would two-90 watt halogen flood lights be sufficient for a 20 gallon (tall) planted tank? The lights seem to be very bright. If not, any cost effective suggestions? In the range of $80ish or less, thanks.

Would two-90 watt halogen flood lights be sufficient for a 20 gallon (tall) planted tank? The lights seem to be very bright. If not, any cost effective suggestions? In the range of $80ish or less, thanks.
Hi, i would be a very cautious with using halogen as they run extremely hot. Also they can be quite expensive if your running them for 8+hrs a day. I would imagine one would be sufficient, it would be equivalent to 2x45w. I have read a thread about LED flood light on here before and if i remember correctly, i think he/she was able to grow plants or coral with it. It would also more cost effective and less heat....
PS... LInk to follow

I went to a hydroponic store and found a t5 ho set up with everything for about $32 here in portland OR so I would look at a store like that.

Back
Top Bottom