Wow what a difference CO2 makes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fredje

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Without CO2 only the elodea seemed to grow a bit, the other plants barely grew and I lost 2 grasses that first became pale and then just died.

A week after I installed a DIY CO2 installation (1.5bps) every plant in my tank looks greener/redder, everything started to grow and the grass now looks dark green instead of green/yellow.

I guess I expected some improvement, but the difference is huge :)

Had similar results too. Just added pressurized system on my tank and my swords are bursting with new leaf growth. They say its steroids for plants and they weren't kidding, lol.

It really does make an amazing difference. I'm even thinking of adding a paintball system to my 5.5 gallon tank. The plants just do so much better in my co2 tank.

How's your new setup coming along? It's been like a month or 2 now.

It's pretty good. The plants are growing well and the shrimp are reproducing. I'm still having some issues with excess nitrates due to the osmocote in the substrate but it's easily manageable. I'm seeing a few strands of silk algae due to the ammonia from the first month but nothing else. I don't even need to clean the glass. The tank's on week seven and my HC is carpeting very well. Just cut a bunch of Brazillian Pennywort out today. I'm thinking about adding some glass catfish. Love those guys. Time to get off of my rump and take some new photos. I'm honestly not very happy with the scape or plant choices or something. Just doesn't seem to be coming together visually. Maybe I'll turn the lights back on, take a pic, and ask for some ideas. -_-

Back
Top Bottom