Xmas moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chasnkevin4ever

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just brought some Xmas moss on ebay. Would it be better for me to put it with my jack Dempsey in her 30 gallon or should I put it in with my ram and feeder guppies? What is moss used for. Can it be used to help with ammonia levels or any levels? Will moss over take my tanks?

Chasnkevin4ever said:
Just brought some Xmas moss on ebay. Would it be better for me to put it with my jack Dempsey in her 30 gallon or should I put it in with my ram and feeder guppies? What is moss used for. Can it be used to help with ammonia levels or any levels? Will moss over take my tanks?

Bought not brought haha sorry

Yes plants and mosses will help keep your nutrient down. But you need to have a well planted tank to accomplish this. But you still need to keep up your partial water changes.

fishman

Oh okay so the moss won't make a big difference, that's fine. And as for weekly water changes I can't ha my sink waters amm level is 4ppm, I have tried water changes and all it does is keep my tank in a constant cycle. What I have to do is when the water starts getting low I put a gallon back in of 25% sink water and 75% RO water so it's not overwhelming to my fish. I test water weekly to make sure I'm maintaining good water conditions for my fish. This water is insane here!

Do you mind me asking what state or city? I'm just worried for my water levels? If you can answer it is greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom