Yeast co2 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigsea

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. New to the community just seeing if i could get any tips on building better pressure in my yeast co2 system. My system doesnt buuld enough pressure to push co2 through a diffuser. Right now i have the co2 tubing hooked up to my powerhead to help out but getting very tired of the extra hardware in my tank as it bunches up all my floating plants into the corners. Any advice on how to get this co2 pumped into my tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Use a simple air stone or move the line as best you can. Be aware you'll likely be scrubbing slime off a stone every now and then. I did the high pressure thing for two days before it exploded, marking the ceiling and ruining my plant tank. I can't recommend it. Not even a little bit.

I tried the airstone as a diffuser as well but its not enough pressure to push co2 through that either. I can see a waterline in the tubing about halfway up the tank.

Maybe i have a failing seal???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Possibly! I used a bit of flour to check. If the flour puffs, there's a problem. Maybe I like making the biggest messes possible ? Honestly, I now have a plain ol air line near the water pump intake. I am starting to slightly resent the amount of trimming needed and the drop check doesn't get too light green, so it works.

Lol nice. Thank you for your response! Maybe tomorrow when the little ones asleep ill try that flour thing.

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

Back
Top Bottom