Zer0's 40 Leagues Under the Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this is my 40G Breeder High Tech Journal.

40Gb
2 Finnex Planted+ 24/7 (30in)
SunSun HW-304b
DIY Reactor w/ Paintball Tank Co2 system

Plain Jane Black Sand
Mebbid DIY Root tabs
EI Dosing

Tank contains:
Bolivian Rams
Apisito Cacu
GBR
Panda Cories
Oto's
Serpaes

Plants:
Cabomba
Rotala Indica, Wallichi
Ludwigia Broad,Narrow, Red
Glassostigma
Sun Hygro
Few Sprigs of DHG

Equipment:
cyu9jtI3klV4mtJIEy_At5yRVHqeloXqcBF3dhz5iYM=w747-h995-no

YOnMPXcF9gxkMZ4SeXm1UUigRYkSOSg54UvAU-z_JJc=w747-h995-no

Full tank shot:
PATiE_ThPiLOFixkVZVa9EATrFzw4ZfV080_TfxlMU8=w1327-h995-no

TZJIq-YlVeIxvq2WuIDiwYYlAJMoC3dlPeZme6D0_WU=w1327-h995-no

X2mzkzMu_me9B0rgkHjBvKNvRYd3Ik3KVg5aiWOC9nY=w1327-h995-no

poRLgtMIb-5NYhb89lMjSkUjEvP7MPfq76j1kBd1Qkg=w1327-h995-no

wWUgtwcfchEjMqMJr_OK0kLkQESQPDNCr9CMaSxlFNI=w1327-h995-no

iSwDz1EUgNjoNRVC1DwmFRxsWMtXYmbD3D7pPmRkRzs=w1327-h995-no

Nice nice, I'd reconsider the gbr though. Apisto and bolivian will be happier sub 80's while the gbr will prefer higher temps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice nice, I'd reconsider the gbr though. Apisto and bolivian will be happier sub 80's while the gbr will prefer higher temps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sadly, no where else for him to go.. If he goes in my 36 he is harassed to death, and the 60G is way to low for him. So, for now I run it 79/80 to try and keep both worlds marginally close. I will probably move him, once the GBR fry are ready to move into a larger grow out tank (and wont be eaten by him).

So it looks to me that your running your co2 from the reactor through the canister & out into the tank...how's the flow with tge 304b through that process?

20L Mafia...

So it looks to me that your running your co2 from the reactor through the canister & out into the tank...how's the flow with 302 through that pricess?

20L Mafia...

Nope, Canister -> Reactor -> Spraybar

Flow is very well, canister is rated at 525, but we all know thats not legit... More like ~300gph, but its enough to push a 30in spray bar from the reactor, with all plants gently swaying.. I did have to trash their intake and spray bar since it was cheap.

I see I see..didn't notice the position of the canister but I do now bruh...

20L Mafia...

I find it interesting how others set their systems up...plenty to learn from others experiences...

20L Mafia...

Definitely, lots of you tube and planted setups from Google.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright guys, I moved the Serpaes out of this tank and into the 60G. Everything in that tank was living in fear after I put them in this AM.

But I need to come up with some type of schooling fish that will be good for this tank.

No Cardinals
No Rummies
No Harlequins

Suggestions?

No no no! I would rather add those others.... Just trying to keep the stock different than the 36 (which already has them)

Black Phantom
Red Phantom
Bloodfin

It's what I'm looking at now, I got til Sunday to figure out which ones.

I'm going to be watching this very closely. It's the exact same lighting setup I'm thinking for my future 40b. I know you canned the 306 in your 36 gal, but do you think it would perform well in this tank with a better footprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom