Dwarf Puffer Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would a dwarf puffer be okay to go with a clown pleco or rubber lip pleco

Otos are a proven success as a tankmate. I do not recall hearing about dp/pleco combo experiences.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have ottos already but I also want a pleco if possible

I have a issue with 1 of my male pea puffers......... I had him with females and had to remove them.... He was beating them up pretty bad .... And now he is solo in the tank.... In the other tank I have 5 together with no problems

Joefish...

Wow. Amazing profile! I had the wrong idea about several things! Really cleared that up.

Keeping my sleeves wet...
Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Thank you for this information! I'm going to be embarking on a planted tank soon and have been strongly leaning towards a dwarf puffer. This helps a lot :)

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

My tank is so planted that I have to move plants away so that I can feed them... And everyone I do this they move away

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The puffers will find the food. Always adding pond snails, they enjoy the hunt. Add live brine shrimp and frozen too

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wish I had that DP tank already. I was out-of-town for two days and got back today to find at least eight pond snails in my 55 gal. Ugh! It's been a few weeks since I put in plants, must have been awfully tiny! Hand picked out what I could. From now on I bleach dip my plants!

Sent via an unladen European Swallow

Don't get one because tell will destroy fish and plants in your tank.but the puffer are great for getting rid of snails in the tank. Beware your Plecos will have bites marks and nasty wounds from them. This is the type of fish to be puffer only and snails that it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't get one because tell will destroy fish and plants in your tank.but the puffer are great for getting rid of snails in the tank. Beware your Plecos will have bites marks and nasty wounds from them. This is the type of fish to be puffer only and snails that it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's because they are territorial, a bit of research and it's best to keep them alone from other fish because of the reasons you stated. They either get eaten or will pick on other fish.

I have one and he's a lovely fish. They are unique but like pretty much all puffers are best kept out of community tanks.

And they don't eat plants, something else is doing that. They are carnivorous not herbivores.

Caleb

They will only chew up your plants only by trying to eat baby snails crawling on plants.

Back
Top Bottom