new tall tank suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doogle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here it is, wanna get creative with scaping the tall tank, and lightly stocking it with top, mid, bottom dwellers. i like to keep regional fish(from the same area/environment.... been thinking, south american=top- hatchet fish, mid- skirt tetra, bottom- not sure yet, keep going back to a kuhli loach but thats south east asian and i wont see it much...
33953-albums1418-picture10122.jpg

doogle said:
three line cories or panda cories for bottom, never had them before...

Cories really need length to swim in. How big is the tank? They do better in the longer ones rather than talls.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

If the tank stays sideways like that, all the water is gonna run out..... I crack myself up....LOL

I don't think I would do cories or kuhlis in there :( I don't know maybe I'm wrong about the kuhlis. The tank looks cool but it seems to be a bit tricky to stock! I'm interested to know what you decide on :)

yes, it has been a touchy subject before...lol. they are difficult. i have a twenty high with a bunch of mollies that are breeding like crazy that i could put in, or a gold fish that would prefer either tank...hmmm and a puffer that needs an uprade...

yes, it has been a touchy subject before...lol. they are difficult. i have a twenty high with a bunch of mollies that are breeding like crazy that i could put in, or a gold fish that would prefer either tank...hmmm and a puffer that needs an uprade...

you know I was thinking about mollies actually and platties because they are the only fish really that I have that I see utilizing the entire tank which seems like a real good thing for a tank like that.

ya, either my black moore, or my puffer will get it i think...i could move my handful of platys to a 10g (from a 14g) let my puffer take over it, and let him chow on all the nuisance snails, and give the tall tank to goldie. hmmm

Back
Top Bottom