New tank, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missileman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a new tank :-D
The pic is a stock photo, I have the tank in pieces right now and will be setting it up and starting a fishless cyle on Thanksgiving weekend.
It is a 75 gallon Marineland tank, stand and canopy.
Included is an Empress 400 bio wheel filter and 200 watt Stealth heater (I know the heater is too small but I have a 300 watt in my 46 gallon and I plan on swapping them) and of course lighting glass top ect...
I am going with a fairly dark blue substrate that has smooth BB to pea size bits. (100 lbs)
It will be a FW tank and I think I want to stay away from live plants in this one (maybe later)
Not sure of polulation yet, I do want to seperate my comunity fish from my African Cichlids (they are getting along OK for now but when the Cichlids get bigger?)
Aside from the gravel I am aiming for a fairly natural look.
Here are some things I am looking at on Ebay:
5Cave Aquarium Tank Mountain Valley Decoration Ornament - eBay (item 350126194593 end time Dec-15-08 08:31:06 PST)

Hollow Log 2 Extra-Large Aquarium/Terrarium Ornament - eBay (item 110301392210 end time Nov-17-08 14:52:59 PST)

Aquarium Ornament - TREE TRUNK w/ Plants - SUPER SIZE!! - eBay (item 330271963527 end time Dec-16-08 10:43:06 PST)

Artificial Aquarium Reef Centerpiece with Cave -- Huge! - eBay (item 120335281684 end time Dec-16-08 15:21:10 PST)
Just to give you an idea. I know these won't all fit and I need to leave room for swimming.
Probably some silk plants maybe?
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 4ftpinedeeplive_268.jpg
    4ftpinedeeplive_268.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 76
I find the links are broken when I click on them. Can you try posting again or give us a description?

I can't get the links to work so I copied the pictures.
They are all on the large side so at most I can fit 2 of them or something similar.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350126194593

For some reason when I post a link this forum changes the link.
Look at the link above, when I paste it in it is correct, when I hit save it puts a space between the it and em on item near the end of the link.
If you copy this link and past it to note pad and remove the space you can then copy it and paste it into your browser and it works.
I can't understand what is going on, I have no problems with links in other forums?
EDIT: I just figured how to get all of my original links to work, for some reason when I posted the links it added amp; in 2 places in the links, if you click on the link and then delete the amp; from those 2 places the links then will work. I posted on the forum help page to see why it is doing this.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 73
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 55
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 51
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 109
I did add http//: in my first post but it still didn't work, this forum is changing the link when I post it.
Your example did the same thing, it added amp; in 2 places in the link. If you delete the amp; it works.
For example: this is a portion of the above link ( ViewItem&item=3 )
it should be ( ViewItem&item=3 )

OK - I see that - we are doing some testing to figure out why. Sorry for the inconvenience, we'll keep working on it.

I personally like the only pic on the right. With the nice real wood look with some branches growing off of it. It looks like fish can swim all around it and through it. I really dont like the very colorful one on the bottom, but thats just my opinion. Please post the aquarium when you get some plants in it, since it sounds like your really think your aquascape over, so it should turn out awesome no matter what!

Here is where I am at so far.
My wife picked out the background film.

Attachments

• 100_1735.jpg
    100_1735.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
After much thought it was decided that my wife would pick out the decorations. Here is what we came up with. Quite colorfull.

Attachments

• 100_1761.jpg
    100_1761.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom