Oh oh oh! SHRIMPIES!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corty

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My roommate had heard me talking about cleaner shrimp the other day, and as he came home from work he decided to pick two up for me.

It was so difficult to acclimate them, they kept swimming up to the surface of the water in the bag.. I hated to just pour a new type of water on them.. seemed like it might be time to do the drip method again! As it turns out, the drip method isn't all that horrible.. they were so active and fun to watch, that it wasn't a chore at all. I put them in the tank, and they took off. One of them instantly set up a cleaning station in the middle and front of the tank.

Of course, my wonderful Yellow Tang (who I'm going to have to name now.. I wish I could tell if it was male or female!), the very reason I was originally going to get these, was terrified of them. Instant fright colors, swimming away, hiding. Then he found the other one, and well.. I thought he was going to have a fishy heart attack.

He's grown a bit more used to them now, and while he won't let them touch him, he'll stay next to them until they try and clean him. Then he's off. I'm going to try and feed them if he doesn't calm down and get a grip on the situation.. because this is just plain silly.

That said..

I'm excited! :multi:

AUGH. I was feeding my Serpent Star some dried krill that I had soaked, using a feeding stick - and the Shrimp came running! He almost had it to his mouth, and was proceeding to more/less "shake" off the small bubbles still attached, when the shrimp took it right out of his grasp! The other one then tried to take it from that one.. and now they're playing keep away with it, which is especially funny as the small bubbles continually lift each shrimp up to the surface.. the other shrimp will always latch on before it gets out of reach though, scaring the first shrimp off.. they keep trading spaces on the possibly now famous "Krill Ride".

So I'm soaking some more... KRILL FOR EVERYBODY!

Back
Top Bottom