whoo hooooo!! Got a new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob28

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been waiting on my friend for like four months now to sell me her 220 gal tank and ive grown waaaaaaaaaay impatiant. So, i jumped on craigs list to see what i could find.
I finallized a deal on a 150gal acrylic tank with gloss black stand and canopy.
this thing looks beautiful. the guy told me that its worth like 3k, (i dunno how true that is), but i know its not a cheapy. anyways, i traded some stuff for it and feel ive made out like a bandit.
Im gonna go pick it up tomorrow so ill post pics a.s.a.p.

im so freakin excited:silly:

most of what is gonna outgrow my 55gal.
blue lobster
fire eel (which im picking up tomorrow)
4 iridecent sharks
2 pictus catfish
my 7 inch pleco

as far as fish that im considering....
i had my heart set on a teacup stingray, but through research , learned that they bury themselves in the substrate usually with just their eyes showing.....which is cool....but not with my sharks or catfish, who would mistake the stingrays protruding eyes as food.

i only like fish that grow to be rather large so im taking my time researching what else i can get. for now, ill stay with what i have until i do, finally, get the 220 gal.

Good thinking, it's always good to research first. A guy near me got a FW stingray, he has a 250 gal tank. He has nothing in with it right now.

Your current fish will love the room once you do the switch! I can't wait to see pics.

ok so i got it home and this thing is humungous and beautiful. what i didnt realize is that the whole thing is acrylic......canopy, tank, and stand. its 6 feet long, over 5 feet tall.
i tried to take some pics but my camera is acting funny, it turns on but wont snap a pic. i took pics with my other digi but i cant find the usb cord for it. and i dont know how to transfer pics from my cell to the puter!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

ill post up when i get this resolved.:mad:

ok, im better!! i found the usb cable.so here are some pics of my new baby.:D new tank 001.jpg
this is a front shot of it. Really, the only thing i dont like about this tank is that the backround acrylic is blue. so, the only way to have a different backround is to use a 3d foam backround

Attachments

• new tank 001.jpg
    new tank 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 101
new tank 002.jpg
this is a shot with the doors open and the canopy open. the neat thing about the canopy is that the hinges are acrylic dowls with rubber o-rings. so its very easy to remove the top. the lights are oceanic something or other. they guy told me that these lights are perfect for plants and whatnot.

Attachments

• new tank 002.jpg
    new tank 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 92
  • new tank 003.jpg
    new tank 003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 66
nice big tank ...do you have extra support on floor for that weight?

If your floor joists run parellel to the tank, extra support is a good idea, if they run the opposite way to the tank, you will be fine. I have both a 125 and a 135 gal with no problems.

Is the background part of the tank? I mean is it painted on? If not you can paint the background any color you want.

If your floor joists run parellel to the tank, extra support is a good idea, if they run the opposite way to the tank, you will be fine. I have both a 125 and a 135 gal with no problems.

Is the background part of the tank? I mean is it painted on? If not you can paint the background any color you want.

no, unfortunatley, the acrylic is blue.:(

That does suck, but small price to pay for an awesome tank!

yeah, considering the fact that ALL it cost me was my xbox360 and 14 games.
like i said.....I REALLY MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT!!:evilbat:

so far, ive cleaned it and put in a fluval 405, 150 watt heater, and 150 pounds of sand.

im kinda not sure if im gonna need a bigger or second heater and filter though.:confused:

here's a pic of the chaos waitin to settle
J 002.jpg

Attachments

• J 002.jpg
    J 002.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 73
Very nice tank! what is the filter?

Btw I have the same end tables.....lol
ha ha ha, i didnt realize i had it in the shot.

the filter i have on there is a fluval 405 canister filter. i have the same on my 55 gal so im thinkin of maybe runnin 2 on this tank.

what im worried about is the heater. I have no idea what heater to put in there.

Back
Top Bottom